Friday, January 9, 2015

[KITlist-Tech] From Sue: The 10 F's for a Fabulous '15

 

Hello Everyone,

I have to confess that I'm not big on New Year's resolutions, in fact I kind of stink at them! I've started some years with great intentions (usually too long a list!) that didn't last long...or I gave up entirely and didn't make ANY resolutions. Hey, then there's nothing to break!

But I'm approaching this year differently. I'm just going to choose ONE thing on which I'm going to focus, and really give it my best. It doesn't mean I won't be working on other things, but keeping it simple and keeping to one big commitment more likely to stick.

I also am also giving this new year the theme "Fabulous '15" as the motto for this fresh, opportunity-filled year.

My wish is that you also have a Fabulous '15 -- and that this is a very special year for you in which new experiences, people, opportunities and adventures come to you and your families.

When I thought of the "Fabulous" theme, other words starting with F (OK, just the clean words!) came to mind.

Take a look at some of these ten ideas and see which one resonates most with you for your own focus to make this a fabulous year:

1. Fight

Stand up and be counted for a good cause. This is not a call to arms, but an idea to shift our energy off our own goals and challenges and to dedicate it to protecting or advocating for others or for your community. I love the lyrics from Don Quixote's song in "Man of La Mancha," "To dream the impossible dream...to right the unrightable wrong." The full lyrics are here.

There are so many needs out there, it can be overwhelming. Yet if all of us choose just one special cause, person or issue in which to some extra time, we can really change the world!

2. Fearlessness

I'm striving myself to not let fears, real or imagined, hold me back. The old adage, "Feel the fear and do it anyway" is the way I'm choosing to go. For high performers in this valley, the fear of failure often thwarts innovation and new directions.

I'm resolving to be more audacious in my goals and dreams. To embrace risk in a positive way and push myself out of my own comfort zone. When we think of the amazing things that are accomplished, it's often on the heels of what seemed like failure. I'm encouraged by the famous failures-turned-success of Edison, Churchill, Disney and Lincoln. This article profiles just a few who risked failure time after time -- which led to remarkable achievements that changed the world for each of us.

Where can you rush in where only fools dare to go? Let's go forward boldly and dream audaciously!

To get the other 8 tips (or to add your comment) please go to the blog at:

      http://bit.ly/KITFab15
      

__._,_.___

Posted by: Sue Connelly <sconnell@pacbell.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
****************************************************************

Join the new KIT Resources List!
You'll get job tips, notices for free or low-cost career events, services, and job fairs. Just send an email to:
KITlistResource-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Please go to www.KITlist.org to join, post jobs, or see our FAQs. If you have any comments or questions, you can reach us KITtechmoderator@KITlist.org.

By using the KIT List you agree to comply with the Terms of Use on the site, and will not use discriminatory employment practices. The KIT List is a service of Connelly Communications, Inc.
   
TO UNSUBSCRIBE:    
Replying to KIT emails with an "unsubscribe" request does not work.
Instead, just send an email (from the same account you used to subscribe) to KITlist-Tech-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com. If you are still receiving emails after a few days, please email us at KITtechmoderator@KITlist.org and we will manually remove you. Thanks!

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment